Windshield long crack repair
Of Stone Damaged
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO READ THIS PAGE
TEXT: 917-767-1983 TEL: 718-533-6142
Windshield chip that turns in to a crack can be repaired up to 18 inches without windshield replacement.
Before a long crack can be repaired
1. Identify if there is an impact point ( cracks with no impact point is called a stress crack and must not be repaired )
2. The crack is free of water and contamination
3. The crack is not in the acute area of the windshield ( an acute area is slightly above the steering wheel )
4. The professional must find it safe to repair the windshield
Why repair a long crack
1. Prevent a windshield replacement ( keep your original equipment )
2. Save money
3. Prevent the crack from growing further
4. Save your insurance deductible
5. Prevent water leaks ( keep your original factory seal )
You the customer must understand that a long crack repair will always be visible at certain angles and lighting conditions even after being successfully filled and cured.
Because of the internal stress of a long crack the success rate is 25% lower than an average chip repair ( All small chips and cracks must be repaired asap.
How to fix a long crack
1. A whole is drill at the tip of the crack to create an anchor
2. The crack is then pressurized and filled with long crack repair middle and end resin to seal and prevent futher cracking
3. The crack is then cured with a uv light to harden the resin
COST FOR CRACK REPAIR $99.95 AND $20 MORE IF YOU WANT US TO COME TO YOU
Warning! This video is for trained professional. Don't go to the store and buy DIY kit and put resin in to the crack. It will not work. If you put resin in the crack it's done no turning back.
BEFORE AND AFTER REPAIR
TEXT PICS SO WE CAN SEE IF YOUR WINDSHIELD IS REPAIRABLE
TEXT 917-767-1983 PHONE 718-533-6142